Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pumpkin Fun

When I was a kid we had a huge window next to our front door. My mom each year at Halloween would make a giant pumpkin out of orange butcher paper to fill that window. We thought this year we would try something similar in the window above our front door. With lots of help from Ashlie and Cade we made the following Spooky Halloween display. It looks a lot cooler in the dark. Wish you all could see this masterpiece in person, but a picture will have to do for most of you. I would like to make note of the "Y" pumpkin football, ALL Cade's idea. His dad has taught him early.

View in the day
View at night

9 comments:

Kawa Rangers said...

Nice. Amy is talking about your good ol days right as I type. BTW, nice little Y on a football.

Sara said...

So cute Jenny, I love finding fun Halloween crafts to do.

Sara said...

That's really neat. I think I'm going to get some construction paper and do that with my girls. Did you use tissue paper for the mouth and eyes or is that construction paper too?

Denise said...

Cool, I like it, you're very crafty!

amber said...

I remember that pumpkin! Do you remember that "monster" that we saw in between my house and Sister Hancock's? Creepy ... You are very creative. I bet your kids love their fun mom.

Taneill said...

how did you get it to light up? That is a way cute idea.

Jared said...

LOVE IT! You're so creative! I love the new background/header at the top of your blog. But I must say I love the Y on the football pumpkin the best! What can you say? Go Cougars!

Chris and Kelsie said...

That is such a cute idea. I am so glad that you found our blog. It seems like just yesterday we were sitting in class together at USU. I can't believe how big Ashlie is and your boys are so cute. I might have to try a halloween window like that. Mason would love it.

Julie M. said...

Hey Jones'! How are you? Don't ask how I found your blog, because I really don't know! Anyway, your kiddos are adorable and I love your "Y" nosed pumpkin! That's such a clever idea! Keep in touch!